We have pursued new technology in a number of markets, always bringing game-changing insights to bear, using chemistry fit for humankind. We’re always interested in how we can put these ideas to work, so don’t be shy about approaching us about any of these fields, or any other puzzles you may have that might yield to some lateral thinking.
Some of our past innovations include:
- Multi-Component Flame Retardant systems for fabrics – uses the proximity of mixed fiber systems to use baking-soda-and-vinegar chemistry to replace harsh chemicals. Gives a way to flame retard all that nylon in sporting goods and rain gear, and a way to flame retard cotton. We can even make fire-barriers for mattress covers. US Patent 7547650.
- Lignin conversion to thermoplastics to eliminate 350 billion lbs/yr of greenhouse gases. We can make “whiskers” which is the first step to making spun fibers, but the first application is probably making asphalt out of this paper plant waste, instead of petroleum. Patent work in progress.
- Biodiesel improvements including removing sulfur from brown grease feedstocks. We’re pushing a business plan taylored to municipalities.
- Glycerin refining, giving a low-cost crystal clear alternative to distilled USP grade product.
- Treatment of aluminum slag from recycling operations to use as fillers in cement for cinderblocks and stepping stones.
- Algae Farming – patent filing, more soon!